Venture Catalyst is an initiative of the South Australian Government and UniSA encouraging student entrepreneurship and the creation of local startups by providing funding for early-stage ventures founded by UniSA students and recent graduates.
Current UniSA students and recent graduates and their teams may apply for up to $50,000 seed funding to further develop a product, service or process and take it to market.
This year, Venture Catalyst is introducing a new Social Enterprise stream alongside the existing program. Entrepreneurs who have an idea to tackle social problems or improve different communities are encouraged to apply.
Successful companies will also receive mentoring, support and working space in the Innovation and Collaboration Centre.
1. Venture Catalyst applications are now open. Application instructions are detailed in the Application Guidelines. Please submit your Expression of Interest using the online form above.
2. Please submit an online Expression of Interest form. You must also submit a 2 minute video alongside your EOI. In the video you must introduce yourself and your idea, explain the problem you are trying to solve, and tell us why you should be awarded the Venture Catalyst funding.
3. If your Expression of Interest Form is shortlisted, you will need to be prepared to submit a business plan. If your business plan is accepted, you will then be invited to pitch in front of an Independent Assessment Panel in Adelaide, potentially on short notice. Note that being invited to pitch does not guarantee the approval of any funding.
4. Shortlisted applicants will pitch their product, service, or process to an Independent Assessment Panel. You will have approximately five minutes to deliver your presentation, followed by questions and feedback from the panel.
5. The Steering Committee will endeavour to notify you of the outcome of your pitch as soon as possible. Decisions of the Independent Assessment Panel are final.
6. Funding agreements will be signed with successful projects and startups. Planning and work commences.
|Applications close (Expression of Interest)||Closed
|Final Business Plan Submission||Closed|
|Venture Catalyst Awards Night||To be annouced|
This is a great opportunity for students to develop their entrepreneurial skills and make an impact in South Australia through new commercial ventures.